OASIS Booster Club
What Does OASIS Stand For?
Oldenburg Academy Students in Sports. OASIS is the athletic booster organization serving Oldenburg Academy.
When Does OASIS Meet?
OASIS meets the first Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm in the student lounge. Our membership is open to all interested parents, players, and coaches.
Purpose Of OASIS
- We lead fundraisers that provide financial support for our athletic programs
- We serve as a sounding board for our Athletic Director while also generating ideas to improve our athletic programs and facilities
- We build camaraderie, respect, and friendship through opportunities in which parents, students, and coaches work together toward a common goal
Contribution To OA
In addition to funding most of the athletic uniforms for our sports teams, OASIS fundraisers have contributed in many other significant ways, including:
- We purchased the bus that is used by our athletic teams and for other school functions
- We helped purchase the scoreboard in the school gym
- We helped purchase the scoreboard used by our soccer teams
- We purchased the banners that recognize the athletic achievements of our teams and individual athletes
- We helped purchase the new gym bleachers and pads
- We have funded numerous other equipment requests for our athletic teams such as volleyball standards and nets, a tennis ball machine, track and field equipment, etc.
Annual Fundraising Events
OASIS has a calendar of regular fundraising events that annually contribute between $15,000 and $20,000 to our athletic programs. In addition to the annual events listed below we are always looking for and trying new ideas. Annual events include:
- Selling pretzels and drinks at the annual Oldenburg Freudenfest each July
- The annual OASIS Cornhole Tournament (in the Fall)
- The Oldenburg Classic Basketball Tournaments for seventh and eighth grade boys and girls
- The annual OASIS Breakfast (in April)
- Selling concessions at all home games